E2B L9 Unit 9 Times Past Jess Lin P.1
- A. Warm-up Questions 暖身問題
- How was your weekend? It’s great/OK/boring/terrible.
- How many people are there in your family? Who are they?
There are five people in my family. They are my parents, my older brother, and my younger sister.
- How many rooms are there in your house?
There are five rooms in my house. There is a living room, a kitchen, a bathroom, and two bedrooms.
- What’s in your bedroom? There’s a bed, a closet, a desk, and a chair.
What’s your favorite color/food/drink?
Who’s your favorite singer or band/person/movie star?
What are your favorite things to do on weekends?
Where’s your favorite place?
- When were they born? (P.60)
- 英文表達年份的時候，當有四位數時，多拆成兩位數兩位數，比方說1998會念成nineteen ninety-eight。假如第二個兩位數中前面一個是零的時候，會用oh取代，比方說1905會念作nineteen oh five。比較特別的2000年就念作two thousand，而2003會念作two thousand three，而2010念作two thousand ten或twenty ten。再來就都可以拆兩位數念。2013就可以念作twenty thirteen.
- 說在何時哪裡出生的時候可以用was/were born[bɔrn] 這個片語。was [wɑz]是am, is的過去式，were [wɝ]是are的過去式。
|I am happy every day.||I was happy yesterday.|
|You are a student now.||You were a student last year.|
|He/She/It is at home.||He/She/It was at home last night.|
|We are in the classroom.||We were in the classroom last week.|
|They are angry.||They were angry this morning.|
When were you born? I was born in 1995.
Where were you born? I was born in Taipei.
When was your father born? He was born in 1964.
When were your twin sisters born? They were born in 1989.
E2B L9 Unit 9 Times Past Jess Lin P.2
- C. When’s your birthday? (P.67)
When is your birthday? It’s on July 1st.
When were you born? I was born on February 23rd, 1976.
Months of the year
|January /’dʒænjuˈɛrɪ/||February /’fɛbruˈɛrɪ/||March /mɑrtʃ/,|
|April /’eprəl/||May /me/||June /dʒun/|
|July /dʒu’laɪ/||August /ɔ’gʌst/||September /sɛp’tɛmbɚ/|
|October /ɑk’tobɚ/||November /no’vɛmbɚ/||December /dɪ’sɛmbɚ/|
|1st: first [fɝst]||2nd: second [ˋsɛkənd ]||3rd: third [θɝd]|
|4th: fourth [forθ]||5th: fifth [fɪfθ]||6th: sixth [sɪksθ]|
|7th: seventh [ˋsɛvnθ]||8th: eighth [etθ]||9th: ninth [naɪnθ]|
|10th: tenth [tɛnθ]||11th: eleventh [ɪˋlɛvnθ]||12th: twelfth [twɛlfθ]|
|22nd: twenty-second||23rd: twenty-third||24th: twenty-fourth|
|25th: twenty-fifth||26th: twenty-sixth||27th: twenty-seventh|
|28th: twenty-eighth||29th: twenty-ninth||30th: thirtieth [ˋθɝtɪəθ]|
Survey: Find out your classmate’s birthday
E2B L9 Unit 9 Times Past Jess Lin P.3
- D. Who were they?
1. singer [ˋsɪŋɚ] 歌手 2. musician [mjuˋzɪʃən] 音樂家 3. actor [ˋæktɚ] 演員 4. writer [ˋraɪtɚ] 作家 5. artist [ˋɑrtɪst] 藝術家 6. princess[ˋprɪnsɪs] 公主
7. politician [͵pɑləˋtɪʃən] 政治家 8. race-car driver [res] [kɑr] [ˋdraɪvɚ] 賽車選手
9. scientist [ˋsaɪəntɪst] 科學家 10. England [ˋɪŋglənd] 英格蘭English[ˋɪŋglɪʃ]英格蘭人 11. Austria [ˋɔstrɪə] 奧地利 Austrian[ˋɔstrɪən] 奧地利人
11. the U.S.美國 American [əˋmɛrɪkən] 美國人
13. Brazil [brəˋzɪl] 巴西 Brazilian [brəˋzɪljən] 巴西人
14. Mexico [ˋmɛksɪ͵ko] 墨西哥 Mexican [ˋmɛksɪkən] 墨西哥人
15. horrible [ˋhɔrəb!] 糟糕的
I was a singer. He was happy. They were at home.
I was not a singer. He wasn’t happy. They weren’t at home.
Were you a singer? Yes, I was. / No, I wasn’t.
Was he happy? Yes, he was. / No, he wasn’t.
Were they at home? Yes, they were. / No, they weren’t.
- WH 疑問句
What was your job? I was a singer.
How was he? He was happy.
Where were they? They were at home.
E2B L9 Unit 9 Times Past Jess Lin P.4
E. Was/Were practice
- When were you born? I was born in 1985.
- Where were you born? I was born in Taichung.
- Were you at home last night? Yes, I was at home.
- Where were you this morning? I was in the office.
- How was your day? It was OK.
- How was the weather yesterday? It was cold and rainy.
- Were you happy yesterday? No, I wasn’t. I was sick.
- Was the weather nice last weekend? Yes, it was.
- Were you sick last week? Yes, I was.
- Where were your parents born? My father was born in I-lan, and my mother was born in Taoyuan.
- F. Today
- Did you eat breakfast? Yes, I did. I ate a sandwich.
- Did you drink coffee? Yes, I did. I drank two cups of coffee.
- Did you go shopping? Yes, I did. I went shopping in the afternoon.
- Did you go for a walk? Yes, I did. I went for a walk for 20 minutes.
- Did you do your homework? Yes, I did. I did all my homework.
- Did you had a good time? Yes, I did. I had a great time.