E4B L11 Unit 11 Life’s an adventure Jess P.1
- A. Review Questions
- Where are you from? I’m from Taichung.
- What do you do? I’m an assistant.
- Where do you go to school? I go to National Taiwan University.
- Why do you study English? Because I want to find a better job.
- How do you get here? I ride a scooter.
- What are your hobbies? I like swimming and dancing.
- Do you have any brothers or sisters? Yes, I have one older brother and one younger sister.
- What’s your father like? He’s tall and handsome. He’s very serious.
- Is your mother a housewife? No, she’s not. She’s a salesperson.
- What time do you start work? I start work at 8.30.
- What time do you finish work? I finish work at 6.30.
- Do you stay up late during the week? Yes, I go to bed at 2 or 3 a.m.
- Who do you live with? I live with my coworkers.
- Where do you eat lunch? I eat lunch in the office.
- How long do you surf the Net every day? It depends. I surf the Net two or three hours during the week. On the weekend, I spend more than ten hours a day online.
- Is there a movie theater in your neighborhood? Yes, there is.
- How many rooms are there in your house/apartment? There are five rooms in my apartment.
- Where is your cell phone? It’s on the desk.
- How was your weekend? It was great.
20. When were you born? I was born in 1989.
- Where were you born? I was born in Taipei.
22. How old were you when you could speak English? I could speak English when I was 10 years old.
23. What did you do last weekend? Not much. I just stayed at home.
24. When did you last check email? I checked email an hour ago.
25. Were you late for class/work today? No, I wasn’t.
26. What’s your favorite fruit? I like mangoes.
27. What’s your favorite meat? I love chicken.
28. What’s your favorite Taiwanese snack? I like pig blood’s cake.
E4B L11 Unit 11 Life’s an adventure Jess P.2
29. What do you usually have for breakfast? I usually just have a coffee.
30. How tall are you? I’m one meter 65.
- What do you usually wear to work/school? I usually wear a T-shirt, jeans, and sneakers.
32. What are you doing this weekend? I’m going shopping with my friends.
33. Where are you going after class? I’m going to the night market.
34. Whose book is this? It’s Jessie’s.
35. Whose glasses are these? They’re mine.
36. Where do you usually buy clothes? I usually buy clothes in the department store.
- B. Weather
- What’s the weather like today? It’s hot and sunny.
- What was the weather like yesterday? It’s warm and windy.
- What do you usually do on a hot sunny day? I like to go to the beach.
- What do you usually do on a cold rainy day?
I go shopping in the department store.
- What’s your favorite season? Why?
I like summer because I can go swimming and go to the beach.
- warm 溫暖的 2. hot 熱的 3. cool 涼爽的 4. cold/chilly 寒冷的
5. wet 下雨的，潮溼的 6. humid 潮溼悶熱的 7. dry 乾的 8. sunny 晴朗的
9. cloudy多雲的，天色暗的 10. rainy下雨11. snowy 下雪的12. foggy 多霧的 13. windy 多風的 14. raining/drizzling/pouring 下雨的/下小雨的/下大雨的
15. snowing/freezing 下雪的/非常冷的
16. boiling/sizzling/burning/baking 非常炎熱的
E4B L11 Unit 11 Life’s an adventure Jess P.3
C. 未來式 The Future with be going to
英文可以用be going to 來表示未來的計畫
1. 肯定句 S ＋ be going to ＋ V1 ＋ (future time)
I am going to cook dinner tonight.
You are going to visit your parents next week.
He is going to take a vacation next month.
- 否定句 S ＋ be ＋ not ＋ going to ＋ V1 ＋ (future time)
I am not going to go to bed late tonight.
You are not going to play computer games this week.
He is not going to do exercise tomorrow.
- Yes/No問句be ＋ S ＋ going to ＋ V1 ＋ (future time)
Are you going to play tennis tonight?
Is she going to have a party this weekend?
WH問句 WH word ＋ be ＋ S ＋ going to ＋ V1 ＋ (future time)
What are you going to do tonight?
How is he going to get home
- What are you going to do after class?
I’m going to meet my friend for a drink.
- How are you going to get home?
I’m going to get home by taxi.
- What are you going to do after you get home?
I’m going to take a shower and chat with my friends online.
- What are you going to do tomorrow?
I’m going to work.
- What are you going to do this weekend?
I’m going to have a big dinner.
- What are you going to do next year?
I’m going to study abroad.
- When are you going to take a vacation?
I’m going to take a vacation in July.
- What are two things you aren’t going to do next year?
I’m not going to change my job. I’m not going to move to another city.
E4B L11 Unit 11 Life’s an adventure Jess P.4
D. 未來式用法，be going to 與will的區別：
- 我們可以用be going to 或 will來表示預測prediction或猜想guess
It is going to rain tomorrow.
It will rain tomorrow.
- 也可用be going to 或will來談論未來將做的事
a. 用be going to來表示先前做的決定
What’s your plan for the weekend?
I’m going to see a movie this weekend.
What’s your plan for the weekend?
I don’t know. Maybe I will see a movie.
Ex: Don’t touch the dog. It will bite you.
- 用be going to來表示目前的事實所導致的未來假設
Ex: Look at those dark clouds! It’s going to rain.
- 用be going to 來表達計劃，我們知道即將發生的事
I’m going to study abroad next year.
- 用will 來表示承諾的事
I’ll call you.
The movie starts at 10 am. The bus leaves at 3.30 pm.
I’m having a party this weekend.
- 不是百分之百確定的時候常會用may, might，或用I guess, I think ,
maybe, probably 跟will 連用。
I may/might go to a movie tonight. I’ll probably work tonight.
- A: Have you cleaned your room?
B: Oh, no, I forgot. I ______________ (clean) it now.
- Oh, no! It’s starting to rain! I think I _______________(take) a taxi.
- Look out! The ladder _________________ . (fall)
- We ___________________ (have) a baby.
- Don’t touch the knife. You _________________ (cut) yourself.
- Don’t smoke. You ___________________ (be) sick.
- It’s raining. Don’t go out now. You __________________ (get) wet.
- I ____________________ (make) some spaghetti tonight.
- What time is your flight? It ___________(leave) at 12.00 p.m.
E4B L11 Unit 11 Life’s an adventure Jess P.5
E. Find Someone Bingo
A: Are you going to play mahjong?
B: Yes, I’m going to play mahjong.
A: Really. When are you going to play mahjong?
B: Actually, I’m going to play mahjong tonight. Would you like to come along?
1. play mahjong 打麻將 2. dumpling 水餃 3. set off 放 4. firecracker 鞭炮
5. fireworks 煙火 6. hot spring 溫泉 7. instant noodles 泡麵
8. stinky tofu 臭豆腐 9. spicy hot pot 麻辣鍋 10. ghost money 紙錢 11. temple 廟 12. do calligraphy 寫書法 13. fortune teller 算命者 14. massage 按摩
15. Maokong Gondola 貓空纜車
|make dumplings||set off firecrackers||sing at a KTV|
|go to the hot springs
|go to a tea house||cook instant noodles||eat stinky tofu|
|eat spicy hot pot
|burn ghost money||go to the temple||do calligraphy|
|go to a fortune teller||go to a Chinese doctor||get a massage||take the Maokong Gondola|
E4B L11 Unit 11 Life’s an adventure Jess P.6
noun ＋ be ＋ adj-er/more adj ＋ than ＋ noun
The country is cheaper than the city.
They city is more expensive than the country.
G. 最高級 superlatives
S ＋ be ＋ the ＋ adj-est/most adj ＋ in ＋ noun
S ＋ be ＋ the ＋ adj-est/most adj ＋ noun ＋ in ＋ noun
Tom is the tallest in our class.
Paris is the most beautiful place in the world.
1Q84 is the best novel I’ve ever read.
Mackelmore is one of the best rappers in the U.S.
As … as 中間的形容詞或副詞用原級
as + adj/adv + as
My father is as old as my mother.
Tom runs as fast as John.
I. 比較級與最高級字尾變化 comparatives and superlatives
cheap-cheaper-cheapest, warm-warmer-warmest, clean-cleaner-cleanest
nice-nicer-nicest, safe-safer-safest, close-closer-closest, late-later-latest
big-bigger- biggest, hot-hotter-hottest, sad-sadder-saddest
pretty-prettier-prettiest, busy-busier-busiest, funny-funnier-funniest
expensive-more expensive-most expensive, stylish-more stylish-most stylish
good-better-best, bad-worse-worst, far-farther-farthest (距離，空間) far-further-furthest (時間，進一步)
E4B L11 Unit 11 Life’s an adventure Jess P.7
J. Comparatives Questions
- Is Taipei quieter than Tainan(台南)? No, Tainan is quieter.
- Are guns more dangerous than knives?
No, guns are as dangerous as knives.
- Are women noisier than men? Yes, women are noisier than men.
- Are you happier than before? Why?
Yes, I’m much happier than before because my job is less stressful.
- Do you prefer the city or the country? Why?
I like the country better because people are more friendly.
- Do you prefer the MRT or the bus? Why?
I prefer the MRT. It’s faster and more convenient.
- Is Rome more modern than New York? No, New York is more modern.
- Is today hotter than yesterday? Yes, it’s hotter than yesterday.
- Is chatting with stranger online more exciting than talking to friends on the phone?
I guess so. I can talk to people from all around the world and get to know a lot of new things.
- Which is healthier, rice or noodles? I think they are both very healthy.
- Do you prefer eating at home or eating in a restaurant?
I prefer eating in a restaurant because I don’t have time to cook.
- Who is smarter, men or women?
It’s hard to say. I guess men are as smart as women.
K. The biggest and best!
1. population 人口 2. region 區域 3. airport 機場 4. architecture 建築物 5. resort 休閒度假區 6. dangerous 為演的 7. beach 海灘
E4B L11 Unit 11 Life’s an adventure Jess P.9
L. Tactics for Listening Unit 23
- Let’s Listen
New York has great museums, and so does Washington. But Washington feels more serious because the government is there, so it isn’t as exciting as New York. Washington is more beautiful for sure, and the restaurants are cheaper there. But you know, I love theater, and New York has the best! Washington is okay, but I love New York.
Los Angeles is a huge place. You need a car to get around. San Francisco is more beautiful and it’s a great place for a weekend, but I get bored there after a few days. I enjoy the fact that in Los Angels everything moves really fast. I love living here.
Hong Kong may be more beautiful than Singapore because it’s got that fantastic harbor, but I like Singapore better. It’s smaller, so I think it’s more comfortable. It’s easy to get around and everything is very clean. Hong Kong is pretty polluted and it’s always very crowded.
Melbourne is smaller than Sydney. It has a lot of lovely old buildings and great restaurants. Sydney is more exciting and probably more beautiful, but I think it’s too busy and too expensive. Melbourne prices are better and it’s a more relaxing place. That’s why I prefer Melbourne.
E4B L11 Unit 11 Life’s an adventure Jess P.11
M. Find someone who…
- has an interesting job.
- is going home by MRT today.
- can play a musical instrument.
- chatted online with friends last night.
- wants to have two children.
- bought something at 7-11 today.
- is the youngest in his/her family.
- was born in summer.
- has a short temper.
- loves Italian food.
- got a gift on his/her birthday.
- went on vacation last month.
- is very happy today.
- likes bubble tea.
- wears pajamas when he/she sleeps.
- went to bed before midnight yesterday.
E4B L11 Unit 11 Life’s an adventure Jess P.12
N. True or False Questions
1. Which day of week do you like?
2. Where do you go to relax?
3. Do you watch Korean drama on television?
4. Do you read news online?
5. What is your favorite city?
6. Who is the most interesting person you know?
7. What do you want for your next birthday?
8. Do you have any brothers and sisters?
9. What do you drink for breakfast?
10. Do you eat your dinner in front of the television?
11. What are you doing this evening?
12. Which TV program do you usually watch?
13. Do you like watching movies on television?
14. What are your best characteristics? 個性，特質
15. Who is the first person you fell in love with? 第一個戀愛的對象
16. Do you think children play too many video games?
17. What objects do you always carry with you? 隨身攜帶的物品
18. Do you have cable television?
19. What’s your favorite color?
20. What do you eat for breakfast?
21. Do you have any pets?
22. Which month of the year do you like?
23. What’s the best movie you’ve ever seen?
24. Who is your favorite musician?
25. How do you stay in shape? 如何保持身材
26. Do you have a good memory?
27. Are you good at cooking?
28. Do you like snow?
29. Are you a romantic person?
30. Do you have a good temper? 有好脾氣嗎？
31. Are you afraid of cockroaches? 怕蟑螂嗎
32. Do you have a driver’s license?
33. Are you the youngest in your family?
34. Where do you usually go on Friday night?
35. What is your least favorite food?